Beta version of c# scope app.

Beta version of c# scope app.

Postby shop » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:42 am

This is beta version of my version of jye scope. It is written using .NET framework C#. And It is written completely from scratch. I tried at my best to make is extendable to other scope types as I can. It works with windows xp and up (requires .NET framework 4.0 and above)
Check latest release statement on bottom of this message for more information

At this moment It recognize only DSO068 and DSO112A. You can test other scope types using "DebugWindow" feature.
It would be massive help to me if anyone who download this software, put here results of using this software with system specification of PC and scope type.

Main work is put on library (DSO.dll). GUI is simple but allows to easily control scope and o measurements using cursors It alows also to save output as .csv file.
Library and GUI have CPU usage optimized now, I check it with netbook with Intel Atom CPU and it works without problem (but is better to use minium Core2duo to get best results)
Minimum System requirements (subject to change):
- screen resolution 1024:600
- cpu Intel Atom 1.6 ghz and up

Here is GitHub page of project:
https://github.com/nrmtmt/DSO/
All releases are here:
https://github.com/nrmtmt/DSO/releases (pick the newest version on the top)
Quick overview:
https://github.com/nrmtmt/DSO/releases/ ... erview.pdf

For DSO068 it now works almost flawlessy.
It also partially works with DSO112A, it connects with scope and allows display waveform and play with settings but at this moment there are some bugs though.

How to use:
download attached .zip file. Unpack it. In folder you find one .dll file (in which is all logic for communcation etc) and exe file for app run and gui.
run exe file and then:
Port Config -> Select proper COM port
Device -> connect -> wait a while for connection.
After succesfully connection, you can see a graph and populated data in scope control. If you cannot see graph, please play with timebase settings or select Scope -> Stop Capture and Scope -> Start capture.
Auto trigg function do exactly what it says. It will set trigger value to medium value of signal and triggers it. You can manually set trigger using track bar on the right. Current trackbar level can be seen on the graph with green color.
Delay combobox allow to raise or lower delay between read and write. It may improve connection reliability. Default its value is 100 ms and this should work without problems.

Value of measurements are in Volts. To get value of measurements, hover mouse over desired point in graph. Tooltip will be shown with value scaled in volts.
See the last "Update" info in bottom of this post for more information.

----Update 2018-10-05----

New update!
Some changes to improve working with DSO112A. Unfortunately DSO112A has less reliable serial communication than DSO068. and there are still plenty of issues.
More changes to gui. Now debug windows works. To run debug window, simply click on Device -> Debug window (no need to select com port in main window).

Command debug 1 group allow you to play with all commands I use to control scope and see immidiately response to this commands (in immediate window) after clicking '"Send" button.
After selecting desired command, in textbox you can see actual byte configuration (in Hex) of frame (bytes sending to serial port). You can modify values in this textbox and in result change data sended to serial port (remeber that values must be in hex format. Each byte must be separate with ",").
In immediate output you can switch between hex and dec values with double click on this output.

Checkboxes indicates if in immediate output there are recognized frames. For example, when you select EnterUSBScopeMode, in Immediate output you will expect to see ScopeReady data frame. And if this frame exist in buffer, checkbox "ScopeReady" will be checked. Same story with all other checkboxes.

Command debug 2 allows you to play with scope parameters. To set parameters to scope, you should select "CurrParamDataFrame" from Command debug 1 ComboBox. After that, Command debug 2 became enabled and you can select values in it. As usual after changing any values, you can see actual byte values of frame in textbox contained by Command debug 1. To send frame, click "Send" button.
You can also see actual scope config in Command debug 2. If you select "GetParameters" from Debug window 1 and in immediate output will be recognized CurrParamDataFrame, confog will be displayed on Command debug 2.

You can fill scope info window with clicking "Populate" button. You might do this several times to get a result.

https://github.com/nrmtmt/DSO/releases/tag/0.18.10.05

----Update 2018-11-12----

Many changes to GUI, now is optimized, displays proper grid and also allows to do measurements using cursors and save current trace to .csv file.

Unfortunately for DSO112A there are many massive issues with serial communication, especially with acknowledging commands (changing timbase etc.) So at this point I cannot implement it to full extend.
By now you can only display waveform graph with current parameters, but you can't reliable change parameters. To workaround this problem you should use this approach : Device -> Stop Capture
-> Manually change parameters to desired one
-> Device ->Start Capture -> Click "Refresh" button.

In order to work with DSO112A you may need to update its firmware to this one (I use "CommandDone" data frame implemented with this new firmware for getting acknowledgement that parameters are succesfuly set and since changing parameters via serial interface is very unreliable and simply almost not work with this scope so it's not obligatory)

download/file.php?id=806

Now GUI relies only on IScope interface.

Please check wiki: https://github.com/nrmtmt/DSO/wiki

Update is here:
https://github.com/nrmtmt/DSO/releases/tag/0.18.11.13
Attachments
DSO 0.18.11.13.zip
(68.87 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
Manual.pdf
(915.1 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
3.png
2.png
1.png
Last edited by shop on Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 30 times in total.
shop

Re: Pre alpha version of c# scope app.

Postby shop » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Without your help I cannot test this app at all.
shop

Postby jye1 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:25 pm

Sorry for late reply. I just noticed the update in this sub-forum. Unfortunately I can't test the App myself since I am away from office. I will ask some else to test it. If you need any information about the protocols please let me know. We are happy to assist.

Among the oscilloscopes DSO112A is better documented. It might be easier to make it work first for DSO112A.
jye1

Postby shop » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:35 am

Yes, I'm using dso112a documentation. Here is GitHub page in which I will commit all updates to this. This is very work in progress.
https://github.com/nrmtmt/DSO
shop

Postby jye1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:57 pm

My colleague tested the app with DSO112A. He managed to connect DSO112A to the app and was able to display waveform on PC. But he found the connection was not stable. The attached is the report. Sorry it is in Chinese. Hopefully you can get some information with help of google translate.

PC Scope to 112A Test.pdf
(256.95 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
jye1

Postby shop » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:00 pm

Thanks for reply. Tommorow I will try to adress issues described in this paper. I think that your colleague used very first version of app (I assume this from fact that label trigg is not showing any value, only text "trigg"). Version currently attached to this thread is showing current buffer data count for debug purposes and in my opinion works much more stable.
shop

Postby jye1 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:44 am

Okay, I'll ask him to test again. He might have downloaded the version right before your updating on Aug. 24.
jye1

Postby shop » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:33 pm

I noticed that dso112a uses different offsets in config and parameters data frames. So it will be not work at this moment with dso112a (no ability to change settings or retrieve config) I will post here a version that will support DSO112. It will be much easier to do testing on real device. It's a shame that the only real difference with DSO112a frames and DSO068 frames is in its value offsets or positions. So maybe your teammate or someone at all could test this against different computers with dso068.
shop

Postby jye1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:47 am

My colleaque tested the new version. Please see results attached. It was found much more stable than the previous version.

Do you have DSO112A? If you don't we are happy to send you a free sample.

DSO112A-2.pdf
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
jye1

Postby jye1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:22 am

We will test it with DSO068 too.
jye1

Next

Return to jyeLab