Pre alpha version of c# scope app.

Pre alpha version of c# scope app.

Postby shop » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:42 am

This is pre alpha version of my version of jye scope.
Please test it and submit here if it works in any manner with your scope (DS0 112A, 068, 096, 094). I tested it with my DSO068. I need this info on order to be sure that the way i choose for communication is correct and it is worth to go further,

It is very prone to crash and tested only with dso068 but should work on any dso scope.
This app is for test purposes only.

What not works:
- timebase under 2ms
- issues with buffer length over 512 points
- debug windows
- sometimes app is being frozen, solution is to disconnect physically usb port and re-launch app
- values in graph are not scaled in any manner. This is raw data from scope.

how to use (or try to use)
download attached .zip file. Unpack it. In folder you find one .dll file (in which is all logic for communcation etc) and exe file for app run and gui.
run exe file and then:
Port Config -> Select proper COM port
Device -> connect -> wait a while for connection. For now it maybe hangs at this moment. Only solution is to force close and try again.

After succesfully connection, you can see a graph and populated data in scope control. If you can play with scope control but you can not see graph, please set timebase below 5ms or try to press "Refresh" button.
Auto trigg function do exactly what it says. It will set trigger value to medium value of signal and triggers it. You can manually set trigger using "+" and" "-" buttons.

----Update----
Changed some thing and tested on three computers. It works!
Unfortunately all issues still persist. In debug mode (via visual studio) 1024 long buffer works as intended. Bus as standalone app don't.
This release changed way in with I read from serial port. Now I don't rely on windows serial data in buffer event (it unfortunately unreliable in my case), but instead constantly reading existing data in serial buffer. And now works better and fairly good.
All further updates will be push on GitHub release tab :
https://github.com/nrmtmt/DSO/releases

Feel free to commit. I really appreciate all commits.
Please create a new branch before commit or put your suggestion here.

----Update 2018-09-04----

New update!
Many changes underhood, from user point of view the most important thing is that is now works more reliable and now 1024 buffer length now works. For now development is being stopped until DSO112A will be into my hands (or when someone reports bug to me)
I attach also gui because old one is not longer works.
This is pre alpha release and is subject to change. It should work pretty good with DSO068.
update is available here:
https://github.com/nrmtmt/DSO/releases/tag/0.18.09.04.

----Update 2018-09-06----

New update!
Now data is scaled. I also changed gui to more friendly (trigger level adjustable by slider, when you put mouse over chart, current point voltage will be displayed in tooltip.
Some timebase settings are not work, for now I don't determine which timebases settings are supported or not by DSO.
This is pre alpha release and is subject to change. It should work pretty good with DSO068.
update is available here:
https://github.com/nrmtmt/DSO/releases/tag/0.18.09.06
Attachments
Scope.jpg
DSO 0.18.9.6.zip
(24.2 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Last edited by shop on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:11 am, edited 8 times in total.
shop

Re: Pre alpha version of c# scope app.

Postby shop » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:25 pm

Without your help I cannot test this app at all.
shop

Postby jye1 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:25 pm

Sorry for late reply. I just noticed the update in this sub-forum. Unfortunately I can't test the App myself since I am away from office. I will ask some else to test it. If you need any information about the protocols please let me know. We are happy to assist.

Among the oscilloscopes DSO112A is better documented. It might be easier to make it work first for DSO112A.
jye1

Postby shop » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:35 am

Yes, I'm using dso112a documentation. Here is GitHub page in which I will commit all updates to this. This is very work in progress.
https://github.com/nrmtmt/DSO
shop

Postby jye1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:57 pm

My colleague tested the app with DSO112A. He managed to connect DSO112A to the app and was able to display waveform on PC. But he found the connection was not stable. The attached is the report. Sorry it is in Chinese. Hopefully you can get some information with help of google translate.

PC Scope to 112A Test.pdf
(256.95 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
jye1

Postby shop » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:00 pm

Thanks for reply. Tommorow I will try to adress issues described in this paper. I think that your colleague used very first version of app (I assume this from fact that label trigg is not showing any value, only text "trigg"). Version currently attached to this thread is showing current buffer data count for debug purposes and in my opinion works much more stable.
shop

Postby jye1 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:44 am

Okay, I'll ask him to test again. He might have downloaded the version right before your updating on Aug. 24.
jye1

Postby shop » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:33 pm

I noticed that dso112a uses different offsets in config and parameters data frames. So it will be not work at this moment with dso112a (no ability to change settings or retrieve config) I will post here a version that will support DSO112. It will be much easier to do testing on real device. It's a shame that the only real difference with DSO112a frames and DSO068 frames is in its value offsets or positions. So maybe your teammate or someone at all could test this against different computers with dso068.
shop

Postby jye1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:47 am

My colleaque tested the new version. Please see results attached. It was found much more stable than the previous version.

Do you have DSO112A? If you don't we are happy to send you a free sample.

DSO112A-2.pdf
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 21 times
jye1

Postby jye1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:22 am

We will test it with DSO068 too.
jye1

Next

Return to jyeLab