Screen doesn't show anything, probably faulty product

Screen doesn't show anything, probably faulty product

Postby sez » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:38 pm

Hello,

I bought DIY DSO 150 from Banggood almost 6 months ago and yesterday I found time to assembly it. As manual states, before soldering anything, I tried to plugin 9V power to see the screen but unfortunately screen doesn't show anything. I checked the D2 with multimeter and it shows 9V.

I'm newbie about electronics but I guess it's faulty product. How can I get replacement or correct this problem (if it's something that I can solve)?
sez

Re: Screen doesn't show anything, probably faulty product

Postby sez » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:31 am

Today I received a response from Banggod and because more than 180 days passed, Banggood doesn't make any replacement/refund, unfortunately I didn't know that, if I did I would assembly it sooner. I wonder what will be the response from JYE Tech side.
sez

Postby jye1 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:02 pm

Did the LCD light up? When power was applied did you see the LED on PCB blinked? Please also check the voltages at the points marked V+ and +3.3V.
jye1

Postby sez » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:48 pm

No, LCD did nothing. No light or anything. Also no LED is blinked.

About checking voltages, I'm not sure how to do it correctly, But whem I put props to (-) on D2 and +3.3V shows -0.25, D2(-) and V+ shows nothing, +3.3V and V+ shows nothing. Can you please tell me how to do it correctly and exact points?
sez

Return to DSO Shell