DSO138 was designed as a training oscilloscope kit. It contains only the basic oscilloscope functions with no fancy features. Simplicity in structure and easiness in assembly/operation are amongst the main highlights of the design. For these purposes, DSO138 uses mostly through-hole parts. The heart of DSO138 is a Cortex-M3 ARM processor (STM32F103C8) from ST. It uses a 2.4-inch TFT LCD (320 X 240 dotmatrix, 262K colors) that displays crisp and clear waveforms.
DSO138 is partially open-sourced. This opens the possibility for users to add different features or develop new applications on the hardware.
Major features of DSO138:
- Analog bandwidth: 0 – 200KHz
- Sampling rate: 1Msps max
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Div – 5V/Div
- Sensitivity error: < 5%
- Vertical resolution: 12-bit
- Timebase: 10us/Div – 500s/Div
- Record length: 1024 points
- Built-in 1KHz/3.3V test signal
- Waveform frozen (HOLD) function available
- Save/recall waveform